The Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce (FMSC) aims to give opportunity to acquire its graduates with an advanced level of learning and research experiences, that enhance them with an in-depth knowledge in their specialized disciplines, yet specialised knowledge and general intellectual skills and personal qualities that equip them for further research, employment and citizenship and lay the foundations for a lifetime of continuous learning and personal development. In this regard, Faculty is very much positive in adopting Student Centered Learning (SCL) with Outcome Based Assessment (OBA) throughout the undergraduate programme. Therefore, the FMSC focused to build the following key attributes among the students following all degree programs in the faculty.
- A mastery of a body of knowledge in the major fields of study
- Adept at continued, self-directed, independent learning in a range of ways, including through applicable modern technologies
- An understanding and appreciation of the methodologies, scholarship and research
General intellectual skills and capacities
- An interest in continuous learning and generating ideas.
- A capacity for creativity and originality.
- An ability to access, identify, organise and communicate knowledge effectively in both written and spoken
- An ability to apply theories and quantitative information in a wider context.
- An ability to make appropriate use of advanced information and communication technologies
- A love and enjoyment of ideas and learning.
- An ability to work independently and in team
- Self-discipline and an ability to plan and achieve personal and professional goals.
- An ability to lead in the community
- A willingness to engage in constructive discussions.
- Respecting the cultures and values of others.
- Personal and professional integrity
- Awareness of the important of ethical behaviour