The Department of Accounting (DOA) at the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, is a leading center for accounting and management education. The aim of the DOA is to provide students with a high-quality education that prepares them for successful careers in accounting. DOA also aim to establish a national reputation as the preferred choice for accounting education. DOA, which was founded in October 2010 as part of the Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, now offers a Bachelor of Business Administration Honours in Accounting program.
The mission of the DOA is to give students the skills they need to succeed in a competitive job market, such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, research, and ethical values. DOA focuses on academic excellence, research, and industry partnerships. DOA program is regularly updated to meet industry demands. Students are encouraged to gain real-world experience through internships with reputable organisations to enhance their practical skills and prepare for their future careers.
“Knowledge for Wisdom”
To be a leading Department in Accounting for providing Teaching, Learning and Research for matching to the contemporary needs of the society.
To promote current Accounting education and research with the collaboration of social, industrial & professional agencies.
- To develop independent learning through interactive lectures and team based learning methods in Accounting
- To improve the students centered and problem based learning
- To promote the research exposures in Accounting
- To facilitate students industrial internship training
- To foster collaboration with Professional bodies in Accounting
- To contribute to the societal uplift in Accounting Education