Senior Prof. B.Nimalathasan
B.Com (Hons), HNDA, Ph.D
Senior Professor in Accounting, Dean, Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce
Research Interests: Financial Accounting, Micro Finance, Entrepreneurship, Governance and Corporate Reporting
- B.Com (Hons),(First Class) University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka,2002.
- Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) Advanced Technological Institute of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 2002.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) (on Merit) University of Rajarata, Sri Lanka, 2006.
- Doctor of Philosophy University of Chittagong, Bangladesh, 2010.
Post graduate supervision
- M.Phil in Accounting
- Working capital management (WCM) and their impact on firms’ performance and market value of listed manufacturing sector of the Colombo stock exchange (CSE) in Sri Lanka.
- Impact of Internal Audit Practices on the Perceptions of Administrators in State Universities of Sri Lanka
- PhD in Accounting
- I have been serving as co-supervisor of Mrs.Priya Muraleetharan for the M.Phil Leading to Ph.D Programme.
- Served as a resource person at the workshop on Factor Analysis: Its Nature and Mechanism in Social Science Researches organized by Jaffna Science Association to the Academic Staff of the University of Jaffna.
- Served as a resource person at the Workshop on Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) to the Academic staff of the University of Jaffna organized by Operational Technical Secretariat (OTS)
- Served as a resource person at the Workshop on Effective Teaching ICT to the Academic staff of the University of Jaffna organized by Operational Technical Secretariat (OTS)
- Delivered lectures at the short course on Community Catalyst Programme organized by Industry Community Interaction Cell (ICICVC) of Vavuniya Campus
- Served as a resource person at the workshop for Community Catalyst under “Entrepreneurs Characteristics and Role of Entrepreneurs in Economic Development conducted by Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce and UNDP, Regional office, Kilinochchi
- Delivered guest lecturers on Basic Operations of SPSS at East Delta University, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Appointed as Visiting Lecturer for Diploma in Micro Finance at the Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce, University of Jaffna
- Served as a resource person for Micro Finance Training Programme for Beneficiaries of Thrift Society, Jaffna, Sri Lanka organized by Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce
- Delivered guest lecture on Empowerment of Entrepreneurship to MBA Students of Sri Sai Ram Engineering College, Indian.
- Served as a resource person at the workshop on Research methodology for the third year students in Department of Business and Management Studies, Faculty of Communication and Business Studies, Trincomalee Campus.
- Served as a Visiting Lecturer in Banking Courses course at Jaffna College Undergraduate Department
- Served as a Visiting Lecturers entitled Conflict Management and Time Management organized by Extramural Studies of the University of Jaffna.
- Delivered special lecture on Women Entrepreneurship in International Level for MBA Students organized by AVC Engineering College, Chidambaram, India.
- Delivered lectures on Environmental Management at the Annamalai University for MBA Students
- Served as a resource person for a lecturer series on seminars on research methodology for Post Graduate Researcher (M.Phil, M.Phil. Leading to Ph.D & Ph.D) organized by Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Served as a Visiting Lecturer for Master of Health Management
- Served as a Visiting Lecturer on the Topic “Research Methodology (DHRM: 1145) for Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Served as a Visiting Lecturer at the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM), Sri Lanka
- Served as a Visiting Lecturer at the Advanced Technical Institute, Jaffna.
- Served as a Visiting lecturer for Bachelor of Management Studies Programme, Jaffna Regional Centre of Open University of Sri Lanka
- Served as a Visiting lecturer Resource person Diploma in Youth Development Programme, Jaffna Regional Centre of Open University of Sri Lanka
- Served as resource person at the Workshop on Industrial Training of Quality Innovation Grant of Higher Education Twenty first century
- Served as a resource person at the training programme of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) abd Sri Lanka Accounting Standards (LKAS)
- Served as a resource person for Soft Skills Development for Disaster Management Activities for Media Personnel organized by District Secretariat, Jaffna.
- Delivered Guest Lectures on Empowering Women through Entrepreneurship Development in Emerging Economies for Under Graduate Students of Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
- Served as resource person at the Seminar on Investment Opportunities of SMEs Sector in Northern Province Conducted by IDB, Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
- Delivered A Guest lecture on Critical thinking, creative thinking and problem solving techniques at Faculty of Agriculture, University of Jaffna.
- Delivered Lectures on Panel Data Analysis to Fourth Year First Semester students, Faculty of Business Studies, Vavuniya Campus.
- Delivered lecture on Customer Relationship Marketing for Staff members of Hatton National Bank (HNB) of Nelliady branch at Nelliady Hatton National Branch, Sri Lanka.
- Served as a resource person An Orientation Programme for G.C.E O/L at J/Kokuvil Hindu College, Kokuvil conducted by Kokuvil and Inuvil Lions Clubs, Sri Lanka
- Served as a lecturer at Interaction with Students-BBM Online Degree Programme for Second Year Students
- Served as a lecturer at Interaction with Students-BBM Online Degree Programme for Third Year Students.
- Served as a resource person at the seminar on Marketing for G.C.E Advanced Level (A/L) at V/Vavuniya Tamil Madhya MahaVidyalayam, Vavuniya, Sri Lanka.
- Served as a resource person at the seminar on Problem Solving and Goal Setting at Life Insurance Co-operation, Vavuniya
- Served as a resource person Workshop for School Teachers on Entrepreneurship.
- Served as a resource person An Orientation Programme for G.C.E A/L at J/Hindu Ladies College, Jaffna
- Served as a resource person at the Orientation programme of Unit of Siddha Medicine.
- Served as a resource person at the Orientation programme of Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce
- I have initiated and drafted the proposal to sign the Memorandum of understanding between Charted Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka) and Certified Management Accounts (CMA) of Sri Lanka with Department of Accounting. Both Institutes are offering GOLD MEDAL AWARD to the outstanding student in specializing accounting during the annual convocation of the University of Jaffna.
- I have fulfilled the orientation programme for freshers during the academic year 2010/2011 as a Coordinator and published Students’ Hand book.
- I was a member of Township Project Committee of the Faculty
- I am a Director (Secretary of the Board of Studies) of the External Degree Programme which was appointed by the Faculty Board.
- I was a member of initial proposal writing of the MBA Programme.
- I was a member of initial proposal writing of the Quality Innovation Grant (QIG) of the HETC project.
- I was a member of Formatting Guidelines in Evaluating the Dissertation Report & Viva-Voce Examination.
- I was a member of Dissertation criteria development committee.
- I am a Chief Editor of the Journal of Business Studies. It was redesigned and published bi-annually with ISSN.
- I was a member of Commerce & Management Tracks of the Jaffna University International Research Conference (JUICE-2012)
- I was a member of Action Committee of the International Conference on Contemporary Management (ICCM-2014)
- I was a member of Editorial Board of the proceedings of the full paper of ICCM-2014.
- I have initiated to prepare Faculty profile at the International Conference on Contemporary Management (ICCM-2014).
- I was a member of Faculty Research Management.
- I have been serving as Chairman, Faculty Research Management since 2011.
- I served as the member of Institutional Review of the Faculty.
- I am a coordinator of the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) study programme of the Quality Innovation Grant of the HETC Project. BBA study programme has won the Quality Innovation Grant of the HETC under the in the Round 1 process under window -2 in 2012. The grant is worth for 20 million LKR.
- I served as a publication chair of the Jaffna University International Conference (JUICE)-2012.
- I was a member of the Action Committee of Annual Research Conference (ARC)-2010.
- I was a member of the Action Committee of Jaffna University International Conference (JUICE)-2012.
- I served as a member of the Team of Data Branch of Jaffna University International Conference (JUICE)-2012.
- I have been serving as Corporate Planner of the University of Jaffna since 2011 and a word of appreciation was offered to me by the Senate.
- I have been assigned to oversee the printing work of Convocation book, designing the cover page of brochure & procedures.
- I served as a member of the Project Management Committee of the University Township Project.
- I have been serving as a Member of Programme Committee of the Staff Development Centre.
- I served as a coordinator for enhancing entrepreneurship culture in Universities under the HETC training programme.
- I served as a member of University Research Committee.
- I served as a member of the Selection Committee of Post of Computer Application Assistant (On Contract).
- I have been serving as the secretary of the Finance and Sponsorship Committee (Sub committee) of the 12th Sri Lanka University Games-2016.
- Junior Consultant-City University of Mullaitivu, UGC
- Reviewer of Programme Review of the Quality Assurance Council (QAC), University Grants Commission.
- Member of Curriculum Revision of Bachelor of Business Management in Project Management, Vavuniya Campus.
- Trainer of Social Harmony
- Certified Online Tutor, Distance Education Partnership Programme (DEPP), Faculty of Management Studies and Commerce, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka
Membership in Professional Associations
- Life Member of Jaffna Science Association, Section-D (JSA).
- Member of Institute of Management of Sri Lanka(MIMSL)
- Member of Certified Professional Managers. (MCPM)
- Senior Member of International Economics Development Research Centre (IEDRC).
- International Member of Conference Master.
- Member of Sri Lanka Association of Distance Educators.